Natural measures to lower blood pressure
High blood pressure is often the result, if adverse life-style factors such as Obesity, high salt intake, lack of exercise, too much alcohol, Smoking, and Stress come together. Now 20 and 30 million adults suffering already in Germany, including. Many use blood pressure lowering medication to reduce your blood pressure. But there are also natural measures, which can be used to get hypertension in the handle. Exercise and stress management are among the most effective.
Professor Dr. med. Martin hall sits on the Scientific Advisory Board of the German heart Foundation and is the Medical Director of the centre for the prevention of the technical University of Munich. He recommends natural methods, with which the blood pressure to decrease naturally. Among the best measures of stress management, as well as to move regularly according to the experts.
With exercise lower blood pressure
In particular, endurance sports were more suitable to combat high blood pressure to proceed. To include “the best endurance sports, Cycling, brisk walking, Hiking, Nordic Walking and Jogging,” says the Professor. Also in ball sports such as Tennis are suitable, as long as they are not made under competitive conditions. In addition, a light strength training would be advisable, which supports the endurance training.
The blood pressure is high only drugs should be taken
Anyone who does not yet Sport, but already high blood pressure levels you should use before starting the training, on medication, advises Dr. hall. This prevents that the blood shoots pressure under load even further. Even more important than the chosen sports in particular, the regularity was. “Ten minutes of brisk walking can reduce the risk of heart disease significantly every day,” explains the expert. One should not put too much ambition in order to avoid a dangerous Overload.
By the way, the risk for dementia lower
The world health organization recently published a Directive to reduce the risk for dementia and Alzheimer’s. Therein, endurance sports are called types as an effective means for the prevention and delay of mental deterioration. For more information, read the article: These four measures can prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s.
The you should note when playing sports against high blood pressure
Prior to the start of the training, the persons Concerned should have a cardiologist check-up. Patients who are suffering from comorbidities such as Diabetes or coronary heart disease (CHD), you need to take special care. According to the data of the German heart Foundation, the following aspects should be considered:
- Before the beginning of training the blood pressure has to be set well.
- With values above 160/95 mmHg, no Sport should be started.
- The Training should only be so burdensome that you can talk during the good.
- Endurance training should be supplemented by moderate weight training under expert guidance.
- For people who can’t go Jogging or Cycling or want to, is quick to Go with Armeinsatz how Nordic Walking is an Alternative.
Stress damages the heart
In addition to the movement, the stress management is another important component to lowering blood pressure. Current studies at the TU Munich show, how the stress affects the blood pressure and the risk for premature cardiac death affects. Especially dangerous is the combination of work Stress and lack of sleep, the diseases the risk of death by cardiovascular triple was. Professor Dr. med. Martin hall advises to note the following:
- There is a healthy exchange of tension and relaxation should be observed.
- In addition to the movement of specific relaxation methods are well suited to stress reduction.
- Stimulating activities, such as Hiking, cooking with friends or a visit to the theatre also have a stress reducing effect.
- Active relaxation is more effective than an evening on the Sofa.
- Those who suffer from constant dissatisfaction, and should change according to opportunity of things and, for example, a new job search.
- Career objectives should be adequately chosen in order to result in harmful long-term stress.